With the help of EU funding, a consortium of European universities and business support organisations came together to form the SUPORT Partnership, the aim of which was to develop resources which can help SMEs to gain access to under-exploited research in higher education institutions (HEIs) and to help universities to find outlets among SMEs for their research.
SUPORT is a FREE learning resource helping small businesses to understand and access University expertise, and helping University research staff to access and understand small businesses…. SUPORT (SME University Partnership – Online Resource and Training) is an interactive online guide to help small businesses gain access to knowledge and research in Universities. It is a European Union ERASMUS funded initiative, established to design and pilot a web-based information/training resource specifically for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and for Higher Education Institutes (HEIs). The aim of SUPORT is clear, to develop resources which enables SMEs to break down barriers & gain access to dormant research at HEIs & allow universities to find outlets for current and previous research, making them more responsive to current market needs.
This project will:
- Identify the barriers that SMEs face when trying to access HEI research
- Identify the barriers & training needs that HEI staff have in accessing and engaging SMEs
- Design & produce a DVD training course for delivery to SMEs and HEI students
- Design & produce a complementary web-site, directly targeting SMEs
- Pilot test the training resource with target users
- Promote the resources to maximise uptake
- Carry out an evaluation of the project, to feedback into future policy
Click Here to view The SUPORT Project website.